Steps-Ahead works with students to help them develop a life plan. Through academic and vocational assessment, tutoring, and mentoring services, the program assists students to achieve their personal, academic, and career goals.
Steps-Ahead Is Here!!!
Student Development in
A Clear View of Progress
Helping Students to Focus on Their Future
Steps-Ahead Goals and Objectives
1. Provide assessment, and mentoring services to students middle and high school age.
2. Participation in Future Innovators of the Next Generation STEM Competition, which will be open to local students.
3. Enhance the structure of Steps-Ahead Mentoring Program.
1. Serve 100+ students, by way of career and academic assessments, mentoring and other support services.
--100 students will complete career and academic assessments
--100 students will participate in groups 1:3, adult to youth mentoring program
--Students with learning disabilities, will receive appropriate services and support
--Our student-athletes, will be assisted in NCAA Eligiblity requirements (Core Classes) to position them athletic scholarship opportunities
2. 250+ students will participate in Future Innovators of the Next Generation STEM Competition, Focusing on disciplins: Chemistry, Enviormental Science, Physcis, Engineering, Aeronutics, Computer, Robotics and Renewable Engery. This event held annually in the fall. This year October 17, 2015 in Moreno Valley, CA in Riverside County, CA
3. A 5-person advisory team will be brought together to assist in further development of the program
University of New Mexico
Currently Teaching and Coaching Football at Riverside Community College
Steps-Ahead is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. This program will assist students as well students with learning disabilities in middle school, high school with academic and career support in achieving scholarship opportunities.