Steps-Ahead works with low-income and high-risk youth to help them develop a life plan. Through academic and vocational assessment, tutoring, and mentoring services, the program assists students to achieve their personal, academic, and career goals.
Steps-Ahead Is Here!!!
Graduate Completed Masters Program California State University, Dominguez
Set to Attend Law School Currently Program Coordinator Youth Peer Mediation & Conflict Resolution L.A. County Bar Association
Helping Students to Focus on Their Future
Steps-Ahead Goals and Objectives
1. Provide assessment, tutoring, and mentoring services to low-income and under served local middle and high school age youths.
2. Plan and implement a Math and Science fair, which will be open to local students.
3. Enhance the structure of Steps-Ahead Mentoring Program.
1. Serve 50 students, by way of career and academic assessments, tutoring, mentoring and other support services.
--50 students will complete career and academic assessments
--10 students will participate in 1:1, adult to youth mentoring
--10 or more students served will have learning disabilities, and they will receive appropriate services and support
--5 or more students will be student athletes, the program will assist them with academic/scholarship efforts
2. 75+ students will participate in the Math and Science fair which will be held annually beginning spring 2014 in Riverside County, CA
3. A 5-person advisory team will be brought together to assist in further development of the program
University of New Mexico
Currently Teaching and Coaching Football at Riverside Community College
Steps-Ahead is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. This program will assist low-income, under served students as well students with learning disabilities in middle school, high school with academic and career support in achieving scholarship opportunities. Steps-Ahead provides tutoring and mentoring in an creative environment.